x Buttercake N Cream x

Back to school for the THIRD week already; how fast time flew by?! Days weren't so hectic but I'm just juggling between work, school and spending time with my man. 

Recently Ed took me to Buttercake N Cream 'cafe' which was just situated conveniently at Sunset Way. It wasn't exactly like a cafe as they operated somewhat like a restaurant that has got irregular opening hours. We reached at 3PM and were told to leave by 330PM if we were to take the indoor seats. But the couple seated indoor could stay till nearly 4pm! (What?!)



Despite the bad weather, we still settled on the outdoor seats that were sheltered. The design of the cafe was actually nicer than the service and food served.


Chef's Teriyaki Roasted Chicken Thigh ($15.90) wasn't tender enough and I believe the chicken were either overcooked or not fresh at all. After all, they were closing soon. Pretty much believe they used the 'old' chicken thighs to serve. Trust me when I said the fries tasted better, because I don't like to eat fries but I had to eat them as that's the only nice thing to have. Even the salad dressing was too strong (sourish)!


Spaghetti could be softer, but the taste was fine. 


I really loved the presentation of the Tiramisu! Really sweet and cute, which could make a good birthday cake for your loved ones~

All in all, both Ed and I wouldn't come back again bc we felt the service wasn't as good (they weren't attentive) and they actually ran out of rainbow cakes at 3PM just because the customers "called and booked them already"?! They really need to do something bout their inventory planning. Also, the food wasn't nice at all so.... That says it all. 

7kickstart has started to become my next fave cafe (solely for coffee) as they offer cool drinks on the menu. I consider this outlet at Singapore Management University (SMU) relatively new and while they're the 2nd outlet (first being the Singapore Art Museum), the menu seemed to be different. I don't see the usual Black/White/Dripped Coffee on the menu, and they only have what's written on the chalkboard at the counter. 


I went on to order the Blueberry + Chocolate Latte which was absolutely a good combination that wouldn't go wrong! They were quite generous with the amount of blueberry at the bottom of the drink, but I found it too thick for my liking so I failed to finished the entire cup. Ed ordered the Toffee Latte, which somewhat tasted different from other toffee lattes I've had previously elsewhere. 

For a measurement-cup of coffee at the price of $4.50 onwards, I think it's really worth it! The pocket-friendly cafe should be quite successful in attracting the students studying in town. 


Ended our night with a really nice view with some river breeze while we chat away :)

x..