#Travelogue: Seoul V

Day 5 - 18 Sept 2014

Angel In-Us Cafe can be found almost everywhere in Seoul, since cafes are very common here. My first cup of drink was their Iced Rooibos Tea, and my other friends got their frappes but found it rather disappointing and unworthy! 

I thought the best time to try their coffee would be to purchase one from the convenience store (I got mine from Ministop - just right beside my hotel!) Thumbs up for this please :D

Right after our hotel breakfast, we reached our first destination - Cheonggyecheon Stream. This 10.9km stream is a public recreation and I'm super in love with its marble and stone structure, not forgetting their mini waterfall too! 









I remembered going back to our tour bus to grab my money, only to see our driver munching away on snacks. He then told us he didn't have breakfast! How can someone drive on long journey without having its tummy filled with food? Seeing that my friend is buying something from Toms N Toms Cafe, I also went in to get coffee and muffin for our driver! Nothing much of a proper food but at least they were more filling than this snacks.


Had a good whole 30 minutes of free time to roam about the place, and got myself some cute hand-painted keychains from the flea market! 

2nd stop: Seoul Museum of History.
While the other half of the group proceed to another location for company visit, my coursemates and I were brought to the museum for a good tour. Being a geek, I love to visit museums! Others were already mopping away but I was the only one taking photos so enthusiastically heheh




With 1 hour left before meeting up with the second half of the group, we all decided to chill out at Caffe Bene. Cafe lovers, please drop by this cafe! Again, this cafe can be found at almost anywhere.




They had various kinds of Patbingsu, the traditional one being the Red Bean with Shaved Ice. The more modern flavors are like Cookies and Cream, Strawberry and many more! It's a very popular dessert among the Koreans, as they tend to eat this during Summer, when the season is really hot and this could cool them down! Singapore needs to have this everywhereeee


The original flavor, which is the one that I've with me, costed only 8,900WON (<SG$11) and can be shared among 4-6 people! A really huge serving and cost-saving!


After lunch, we headed to Trick Eye Museum and I was really excited for it!! Unexpectedly, we spent almost 2 hours in the museum with loads of fun :)








We also had free admission into Ice Museum and IT'S SO FREAKING COLD! The coat did not even help at all. Thank goodness it wasn't charged!


My pretty Korean sister which is also my roommate, if you don't already know *-*

Dinner at a random restaurant bc we got tempted by its poster with the melted cheese on chicken on a hotplate! Another great for sharing dish, which costed only about SG$6.50 per person! 

Busy streets of Hongdae, filled with pretty clothing and yummy food! We also get to go to Hello Kitty Cafe and this time round, I had their Chocolate Cheesecake (tasted just fine, abit thick and not that smooth!)


And yes, I've been updating on my Instagram about me seeing Sistar for live. This was how things happened:
We were on our way to Stylenanda's flagship store and while walking halfway on the streets, we heard someone singing and it was live. We thought it was just some event with kpop songs being played! Getting even nearer to the place, we realized it was Sistar's songs, and they were really there?! We got more confirmed when we saw huge crowds and people running towards the same direction, so we followed suit! 



They sounded really real and awesome. It felt great being able to see a Korean idol in flesh, just right in front of me with my own set of eyes! Once again, I may not be hardcore or huge fan of SISTAR, but I still appreciate their songs and listen to them every now and then! I personally love Bora and Hyorin :)

After the event at Hongik University, it was already 1030PM KST and we actually have to go back to our hotel at that timing. However, we still tried to find our way to Stylenanda, only to know we're quite lost. We took a taxi back (but omg see it's EYK's studio!!!) and were late, but still worthwhile! 



Thank you Sistar for the great performance!
x.