x BFF Saturday x

Once a month we'd definitely spend our full day together and this time, we headed over to Chick N Ken after window-shopping at Bugis St. - just bc I bought the $30 Groupon Voucher (costed me only $15 cash!)


Heavy downpour decided that we stay opposite for at least 10minutes before we ran across and dry ourselves in the shop. One of the staff was nice to switch off the aircon bc I told babe that it was really cold! We're partially drenched, by the way. 

Due to heavy rain, we're the only customers in the shop and thus the shop were really quiet. Oh, the interior design of the shop reminded me of Stateland Cafe! It was really similar, maybe say 85% of it were identical - wooden seats and table with black grills. Hmm let's about originality...


Since we had $30 to spend, we ordered 8 pieces of fried chicken (2 flavours, $15.90) and chose the flavors - Yangnyeom & Salted Egg Chicken. I preferred the sweet and spicy flavor (Yangnyeom) as the sauce is thicker and so the flavor is richer! The babe liked the Salted Egg Yolk while I wasn't a fan of the powdery-like texture of the sauce. I couldn't exactly taste the flavor, maybe bc of the sweet and spicy flavor overpowering it. 



We had Fried Ddeokboki ($9.90) for the side dish and I must say the fried version is a good change from the usual. However, it's not braces-friendly (my metal ring loosened after the first few bites!). I still prefer the non-fried ddeokbokki!




For desserts, we shared a bowl of Classic Injeolmi Bingsu ($12.90) which consisted of condensed milk, honey cornflakes cereal, rice cakes and red bean. It was interesting to have the condensed milk stored in a syringe so you can enjoy drizzling it over your dessert! 

We're really full by the end of the meal. Total cost: $38.50 but we only paid $8.50~ Not bad huh!

I felt that the staff could be more welcoming and warmer towards customers. There weren't anyone in the shop, so shouldn't they be more willing and enthu to greet their customers? Not even a "welcome" when we entered the shop, or "see you again" when we left. This is basic courtesy and what's more, you're doing korean food! Korean services are pretty good, just so you know. 


FINALLY the boss is back from Kovan's outlet (2nd and also the new outlet of Yilipaopaoice's)!!!

The past few trips were disappointing bc the staff served really horribly small portions and I felt that their standard dropped. Even after a somewhat extreme hair cut, I'm surprised the boss could still remember me and gave me what a regular customer should deserve~ Thanks for the generosity yet again!

x.