x random surprise x

That Friday wasn't any special occasions for us, but I just thought that once in awhile we should always spice up our dates to remind each other of our love towards one another! Also, I don't really like the idea of doing special things only on special occasions. That's kinda... boring. 


To kickstart our day, we traveled to Paddington House of Pancakes to satisfy Ed's pancakes-craving! It's a place he went before he got enlisted, and also it'll be my first time going there, so I thought it's a good idea to dine there too! 


PHOP offers a wide array of food choices, so trust me when I say you'll be spoiled with choices. I flipped the menu aimlessly and quickly settled for a savory pancake bc 1) I was too hungry and 2) the menu was way too extensive and I didn't want to waste time looking through every single item!



We ordered 3 items in total - a sweet pancake to share, a savory for mine, and his was... something that looked pretty much like an Indian cuisine to me. All was good (until I spotted a short strand of hair INSIDE my pancake......)





I felt that the portion was great for the reasonable price we're paying. Taste was decent but the texture could be improved further! I'll come back to try the other dishes ;)



Being Old Hen's follower and a somewhat loyal customer, I saw that they've launched a new drink - Dark Cocoa - in a bottle! This shall save me on days where I'm craving to have a bottle of chilled cocoa instead of a white brew~ 101% satisfaction guaranteed!

It also seemed like they've launched a new and improved menu! Please check them out if you're ard the vicinity!


At 4:40PM we went to catch Cinderella back in town~ Thanks Ed for rewatching it for my sake! *throws myself to you.... for a hug*

By 7PM we were ready to go for dinner. I definitely have something up on my sleeves, that goes without saying.

For the past few days or even weeks, I've been thinking about going on a picnic trip. But the timing and weather didn't seem to fit some way or another. Weather's been threatening, and I couldn't decide at which time of the day should I have our picnic. Also, what food should I pack? How should I surprise him? How should I lie? So many things on mind which made me delay the plan until now!


But I'm sure all the efforts to consider the different factors were paid off~
I've decided to prepare: Honey Baked Ham sandwich, a jar of Strawberries (our fave fruit), Twelve Cupcakes - his fave!

Since I've planned to have our picnic at night, I thought sandwiches are the easiest to do, and could last well throughout the day! In addition, I packed a mustard sauce separately so that the veggies wouldn't turn too soggy while being packed for hours without consumption just yet.


We grabbed the Twelve Cupcakes right before we leave for Gardens By The Bay! Of course I lied to him saying I'm going to bring them home for my siblings to eat.. 

Before that, I also misled him to thinking that we're entering Gardens with the tickets, and also that I booked a table at some restaurant bc I said "I've our dinner booked already".







We had one of the best views in Singapore for the night!

Here's a close-up of what I've prepared in the midnight. Funny how he shopped with me for the ingredients, but have 0 idea that all was for him/us!


Cheers to much more spontaneous dates together~ 

x.