x 5 Little Monkeys Cafe x

I've so much to catch up on here, and since I've no idea how should I start, I'll begin my updates with the most recent one! 

Basically, almost every Friday I'll meet up with bf for dinner, bc that's the only day where he'll end his work 1 hour earlier compared to other weekdays. *throws confetti* Since I've nothing on for the entire day, I decided to be a good girlfriend and be early so that I can pick him up once his work ended. 

*Milkcow*
Milkcow recently opened another outlet, this time at Novena. Quite surprised to see it here at an area catering to office workers, and was surprised again to see that there wasn't any queue! (heard from Ed that it can be crowded during lunch time tho) I thought it's a good time to try another flavor from Milkcow, as previously the McFlurry-inspired wasn't impressive at all.


On my 2nd visit, I had Milky Shot (Single shot espresso and Organic Soft Serve - $6.50). To make things more interesting, I topped up $1 for Cocoballs topping! It's just... milo nuggets. But I haven't had milo nuggets for the longest time and it's my first time having it as an ice cream topping?! It tasted heavenly awesome!!! Please try it out; definitely worth every penny spent! 

>>> Hashtag no filter <<<

Poor Ed gotta work OT for upcoming events (his life is so happening) so I ended up waiting about 2 hours for him to be done with everything! I had no choice but to entertain myself with Snapchat. Find me at @wminz if you'd like to! I spam a lot when I'm reallllllyyy bored (like when I'm waiting for people at a quiet place)



For today's date, I've prepared yet another surprise (am I a girlfriend market-spoiler yet?) for him, and that is to bring him to 5 Little Monkeys cafe

It's quite hard to find this cafe, given that it's situated at a working building. There are 2 lobbies - Lobby A (total of 6 floors) and Lobby B (total of 11 floors). Upon entering the main door, we went straight to the lift in the middle of the first floor - which is wrong because that was Lobby A. The entire building was quite clean - no signs and directions of the cafe etc. The only thing to prove that this cafe exists in this building was 1 big banner placed outside the building near the guard house (and that is not the first thing you'll see since you'll come from the direction of Lavender MRT station!)

After walking one big round, entering in and out the place, we finally asked the security guard and he directed us to the place. (Proper directions will be given at the end of this post!)



We found it! 






We had the first two dishes from the Peranakan Delights section of the menu. I know it doesn't look appealing here, but we swore by the Assam Fish! It was really good - fish was tender and served in big slices, gravy was delicious! Not too sour or spicy, just right for both of us. On the other hand, we found the chicken dish just alright only. We got served only 3 pieces of meat and they contained quite alot of bones too! Would love a boneless version of the dish with more pieces of meat! 

Both portions were small - a good serving of 2. Prices of the dishes were quite affordable, ranging between $6-8. They also offer western delights such as sandwiches and pizzas (the latter was unfortunately unavailable today) and also small bites!

As for their drinks, we ordered Iced Mocha. Sadly the coffee wasn't strong enough, and the chocolate wasn't really rich too. 

I didn't try the cakes and some of them were from the same supplier as Teadot Cafe's (where I previously worked at, so I know how it tasted - just average)




*GETTING TO 5 LITTLE MONKEYS CAFE*

1. Alight at Lavender MRT Station and take Exit A.
2. Upon coming up the escalator, turn right and walk past the bus stop. 
3. You'll see a building named Pico. Walk towards that direction.
4. On your left should be a building with dull red/maroon walls. Pico Creative Centre is just right behind it.

(Credits to Google Map)
Here's the front view of the building. Walk up the stairs and head straight to the main lobby!

5. Enter through the glass door and head to Lobby B (on your left). Take the lift and go up to 11th floor! 5 Little Monkeys cafe will appear right in front of your eyes~

5 Little Monkeys seemed to be a relatively new cafe. Personally I do feel that there are a lot to be improved on, such as being more generous with their portions and include more items for both mains and desserts in their menu. 

On a brighter note, I loved their service! Staff were friendly, and I managed to chat up a little with the lady boss who was very warm and friendly too! She asked if I enjoyed the food, how I get to know about this place, and if we lived or worked nearby. It's always good for bosses to try understand  and know more about their customers so that they can further improve. :)

Hope this guide helps, and do support 5 Little Monkeys! 
(P.S We'll be back for the assam fish!)

x.