x Batter Fluffy Flaps x

My friend Y approached me last week regarding his food article and he asked which are the places to go for unconventional waffles and pancakes. Apart from those that I recommended, he also included Batter Fluffy Flaps in his list of to-go. I checked out the menu online and offered to try it out for him bc it looked really good!!
"The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend." - Cali Rae Turner
For this particular 'food mission', I brought my sister along (since we've nothing to do at home anyway) Thought that this will be a good chance for me to treat her to good meals, lest she complains again.






Their menus are called "Menu-zines" - which is a combination of menu and magazine - as their menu is designed such that you can flip through the book like a magazine! 


They offer quite a variety of food items for you to choose. From your typical all-day breakfasts to sweet and savoury pancakes, and even pastas if you prefer to have a more filling meal! If you're unsure of what to order, simply refer to their chart and they'll help you out step-by-step.



While flipping through the menu, I couldn't make up my mind. I referred to the chart, and found myself quite liking the idea of "Create Your Own". At the price of $14.90, I thought it's quite worth it! Unlike some places which offers "up to 3 choices" for the toppings, BFF offers you unlimited choices of toppings! This means.. you can have crazy amount of ice cream scoops and fruits and crunches on your pancakes!

However, they only have 2 stacks of pancakes to go along with! If you prefer to have 3 stacks, choose from the Basics menu (3 stacks and additional toppings will be charged). 
P.S I thought that this idea was unnecessary. They could've just eliminated the basics and serve 3 stacks for Create Your Own, and add in savoury toppings for the choices! 


BFF isn't called BFF for no reasons. With the promo for 2, you can bring along your friends to enjoy good food at a better deal. That's why people said, more is less. 

TIP: It's best to let the staff know in advance that you'll be going for the BFF Special and check with them the items applicable for that promo, so that they'll charge you correctly.

After ordering our food, the staff charged me $47+, which was different from the stated price of $45.90! However, he was very generous and gave us discount instead, so I paid only $42.30. Thank you for such good service! 
(Please don't commit the same mistake as me just so you could take his staff discount for granted. It's my first time here, so I've no idea how their system works!)


Peppermint Mocha was pretty good. I'm pretty impressed at how their drinks can still stay so warm after 1 hour of dining! Vanilla Latte wasn't too sweet, as commented by my sister who had the drink, so you won't get sick so quickly after one sip.

Thumbs up for such a helpful infographic for people who hardly drink coffee and don't know much about the different types of coffee!

For our side dish, we had the Spicy Chicken Midwings which weren't spicy enough (it's prolly just 1/10 of the spiciness level). Not so much of a taste, so I think they can do better at the seasonings. 



The 'Batter Pizza' (Chicken) was quite an interesting concept. Instead of the usual pizza crust and base, BFF replaced it with a stack of its pancakes. The toppings were quite like the actual pizza's - chopped green capsicums and red onions, melted cheese, chicken chunks (that were served in generous portion and very tender). The sauce drizzled was slightly spicy, adding a nice touch to the 'pizza'. 

Their pancakes are generally thin, but it was quite light and soft. Despite the thin stack, the overall taste was good and the toppings complimented well with the thin base!



For my base, I had Oreo pancakes which were light and fluffy despite it being thin. The biscuits were finely crushed in the batter, yet you could still taste it. Thought that's a wiser choice as compared to having Oreo as a topping. 

As the toppings were unlimited in choice, I'd expect it to be given in smaller portions. Who'd knew that they're very generous with the toppings!! It seemed like about 4-5 strawberries and almost half a box of blueberries were used. The ice cream also looked like a bomb! The sauce were drizzled in moderation, which was good so that it wouldn't be too sweet. 

On the whole, I loved the cosy environment of the cafe, with good service and generous servings (not  forgetting to mention how reasonably-priced this place is!)

x.