That date.



Back then when I had strong craving for Red Velvet Pancakes, so I went to try out Strictly Pancakes' Red Velvet while Ed had his "The Druggie". Surprisingly, their pancakes were such disappointment as their standard seemed to have dropped quite a lot. Pancakes were too starchy and the cream cheese for the red velvet weren't rich enough. I only liked the ice-cream~

x

Saturday after my dental appointment, Ed came over to Bugis and find me before we travel down together to Upp Thomson Rd. It's also our very first time spending the entire day together!! So thankful to have such good companion who's willing to try out many different places with me :)

Pacamara Boutique Coffee Roasters




Its minimalist interior design concept attracted me the most. The cafe itself is pretty small, but it managed to occupy quite a number of table. It was filled with people when we first stepped in, but were lucky enough to get a bar top seat after being on the waiting list for about 10 minutes or less! I loved the bar-top seat the most, as only the few of us were lucky enough to get to try out their in-house tea and coffee that were specially brewed using the apparatus and demonstrated right infront of us! It feels like we're attending some barista lesson while enjoying our meals. :)



Ed had his Carbonara, and I thought it tasted good. I'd prolly order this or other pasta during my next trip here at Pacamara. 



I had Red Velvet Pancakes ($16) because that was almost what everyone ordered, as seen on Instagram! I also see other main courses, but I was still into that Red Velvet Pancakes craving and I thought, why not? Sprinkled with oats and decorated with freshly-cut strawberries, the entire plate appeared so healthy-looking! I felt that their cream cheese was thick with a slight taste of yogurt, but I might be wrong too. Either way, my tummy was pretty filled at the second stack. Price-worthy plate of pancakes!

ION Sky
Level 55/56, Free entrance. 
Opening hours: 10am-8pm (daily)

Got a good view of Singapore, and it actually appears very pretty. Good thing was that the sky cleared up quickly and we get to see the clear view of Singapore again, after the short drizzle!







Ed, you caught me laughing. Hmm.

Five & Dime Eatery



At last, we arrived at Five & Dime. Apparently, most of the customers have already reserved table, and we were initially offered a table but have to leave by 730pm before the customers who've booked the table arrive. I asked for the bar-top seat and the kind staff allowed us to sit there. The barista was very friendly and upon settling down, he asked to serve us water while we browse through the menu. The staff really have good interaction with their customers, as both Ed and I were entertained by them as we're eating! 


Ed had Milo Panna Cotta but we both found it too sweet. He still finished it anyway!

Golden Custard Chocolate Lava Cake ($12.90++)

Hands down to the best chocolate lava cake ever. I had the best of both worlds over here at Five & Dime with its famous lava cake - hot Liu Sha (salted egg yolk custard) oozing out of the lava cake as soon as you cut open it! The blend of both flavors were balanced and awesome! Definitely a must-try dessert in F&D Eatery. 

Esplanade Sky Garden



What better way to end the night after all the walking from ION to Clarke Quay to Esplanade? We chilled out at Esplanade's Sky Garden to have a good view of the Marina Bay area, together with a few more couples and groups of friends non-related to us. It's such a beautiful night!

Thank you for the entire day of laughter and joy. Love! 

x.