It's a surprise!

Pho Stop

Few days ago I had a dinner date with Ed after his work, so we traveled down to Telok Ayer (after much road diversion here and there) in search of Pho Stop! Ed found this place and I guided him physically and finally, we've arrived!
(It's nearer to walk from Chinatown than any other MRT stations, depsite being located at Tanjong Pagar)

What he ordered: Grilled Chicken Chop Rice
What I ordered: Hanoi Chicken Pho

I really loved my bowl of Pho! The hot soup warmed my body (even tho I was already sweating but you get what I mean right) and I felt revived after a whole day of out-and-about. Ed's Grilled Chicken had the special Vietnamese spices seasoning but we thought it was quite salty! 


For coffee, we had two different versions of Vietnamese Iced Coffee - white with condensed milk and with fresh milk. Mine was the one with condensed milk, which was supposed to be the traditional one, and I was surprised it came in the dripping form. I actually preferred the one with fresh milk as it's sweeter! The former had an after-taste to it which I didn't quite like.

Anyway, the service here isn't too bad. Staff taking your orders are most likely Vietnamese, so their English isn't really strong. I found the lady's (who took my order) tone a tad too rude but I guess she don't mean it that way. On the brighter side, the guy who cleared our table was very friendly and nice! He asked if we've enjoyed our food and even said "have a good night"! I can't wait to come back again. :)


Thanks Ed for queuing with me at 10PM when you told yourself you'd never queue for Llaollao. My cravings were a little too strong that night, hehehe.

x

La Ristrettos
Novena Medical Centre Level 8

Tuesday I skipped the boring lecture (it was a last-minute decision) and decided to spend my lunch time with Ed instead. I guess that's much more meaningful. After all, my real intention was to deliver my surprise to him during his lunch break! 


We had sushi (bought from Cold Storage) at our secret hangout place and then headed to La Ristrettos for some Iced Mocha. I really love the chocolate ice-cream which was rich as mad! The cafe is pretty small and crowded with office workers. Thankful that there's spacious (but limited) outdoor seats!
I'll be back again to try other things on the menu :)

(Pssst this was a candid shot which was posted onto his instagram without his acknowledgement!)

I wished everyday after school it could be like this. It was nice to see you smile at my gift, by the way. ღ

x.