Gastric Pain




Went to find my boy for dinner, and it turned out pretty badly. Why?

For the past few days I've been dealing with gastric pain. I thought I'd never have gastric pain, until that one day when I felt that choking feeling on my throat as well as the area right below my rib. I found it hard to breathe, and my mom suggested I go see the doct to find out what went wrong.

What the doctor told me: Too much gas in the tummy thus the bloating and choking sensation. Air replaced the food that should've been in my tummy. Now, the air is rejecting any kind of food I put into my mouth, so it stops me from having any appetite. It'll require a long time to get this problem totally solved.


While it seems that I've been eating quite a lot, I did not have proper meals, and I did not eat my meals regularly. Generally, a human being should eat 3 main meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). However, it is more advisable to have 5-6 small meals in a day. Smaller meals with intervals apparently helped your digestive system to better break down the food, and thus helping you achieve a better digestive system. 

"Eat more fruits and vegetables" and "Drink more water" are the two sentences we hear everywhere and everytime. It's OBVIOUSLY TRUE and something many of us neglect just because we're too busy and stressed up that only comfort food can help relieve stress and fruits and vegetables just don't do the job. However, try to include them whenever you can, because small amount of fruits and veggies are better than consuming nothing at all. 

Things I've learnt from my gastric pain:
1. Avoid caffeine (tea and coffee)
2. Avoid acidic food (fruits)
3. Avoid sweets (chocolates especially)
4. Avoid fried food
5. Avoid sour and spicy stuff (kimchi ramen and bibimbap were my greatest killer)

Final solution: GO PLAIN. Porridge is your best pal.

It seems like there were many things to avoid, but nothing of such sort would've happened if I've taken care of my body better. At times I still feel bloated and choking (FYI, I've a weak digestive system right from the start), so I'll try my very best to eat well. I'm so done and over with those days where I fed myself 4 types of medicines and that pain which didn't even allow me to stand properly.

To the girls out there: don't try to stay slim by not eating anything or eating less. More is less -- Eat more, less pain. Staying healthy is your best policy.

x.