Vesak Day: Brunch Date x Craycray hauls

No idea why, but when I first saw Commune Cafe, I thought I really have to give it a go. It's situated in a very quiet shopping mall - Millenia Walk - despite the fact that there are quite a number of eateries worth trying (such as 3 Inch Sin, Patisserie G etc.) I love how this cafe has got seats outside on the link bridge between the two rows of shops in the mall. Very suitable for people who wants alone time or some business talk for the busy people working in the city!

Simple menu - paninis (choices of chicken or salmon), hot dogs (beef or chicken, Mexican or American style), basic caffeinated drinks served in both hot and cold, and cakes. Unfortunately when I was there, only 3 cakes were available, so I didn't try them out. Patisserie G was also closed for renovation, so you can say I had no cakes at all for the very first time when I go for cafe-hopping! 
 

Thai Iced Teh Tarik x Cafe Latte (iced)

I love their cookies and I think I might buy them! So easy to eat for people with braces on -- like myself!


When asked for recommendations because I couldn't decide between Salmon and Chicken, the staff kindly told me that he'd choose salmon, so I went for it! Smoked Salmon Panini ($9) was very nice, tho both BK and I found that the fish taste was pretty strong. But anyway I still love how thick the salmon was, as compared to many other cafes whereby very sleek salmon pieces are deemed as supreme quality (maybe) of salmon. Quantity over Quality please hahaha nah just saying.


He went for his Mexican Style's Beef Sausage Bun and oh boy the bun was really toasted - pretty hard. But I think he liked how it tasted? I can't remember what his comments were apart from seeing him hitting the bun with the knife and it did not budge at all hahah


YUMMY BRUNCH! I can't wait to go back there again to try out their cakes (the staff recommended Red Velvet Cake but I was looking forward to trying Blue Velvet Cake, or even Strawberry cake as seen on Instagram posted by strangers!)


That's how doraemon goes for his dating. HEHE we're just being funny. :)

Girl you've no idea how happy I was when I woke up to a text saying there's a sale going on at my fave store and I thought to myself, GET 'EM ITEMS. I got my fave pair of shoes at last, and there's a small gift from my love bc he knows that I love the (super pretty) necklace. On top of that, I also got myself a very pretty dress from MIYOC bc....... $$$ off as a student!!! 
It was definitely a burn in the pocket, but I think I'm loving what I bought. :)

I can't wait for my picnic date with my love!!!
x.