Merry Christmas!

On the day of Christmas I headed down to bf's place for lunch! So blessed to have his and his mom's love, getting gifts for them and I couldn't afford to give anything except a handmade card for his mom and my time and presence for him.

He WAS supposed to cook for me but we ended up having steamboat bc 1) I've no idea what to eat and 2) he's no idea what to cook for me and 3) the ingredients in Cold Storage were tempting me.

Headed off to Haji for a quick window shopping before meeting up with his friends!

While searching for the cafe that I've been wanting to go, we chanced upon a really vintage shop, with real  vintage goods sold. Snacks, toys, furniture - just anything in the 80s or even earlier than that! When in the shop, this Chinese uncle approached us and he even offered to take photo of bf and I in the outdoor corner which can be seen from inside the shop. He was over-friendly to me and I got really uncomfortable with the way he had physical contact with me, ugh. But nevertheless I gotta thank him for his approach and good photography skills as this left a good memory for both me and my boy!


See I got so reluctant to smile bc he spammed the photos so much I got tired of smiling lol. But anyway I think the photos are nicely taken! 


First cafe we went to was Working Title! It's a dimly-lighted cafe with wood as their main decor theme. Really cozy but I guess if it's crowded, it might be a little too warm. It was pretty quiet with almost no one there except for another group of people who were playing card games without disturbing others (omg I was really thankful for that, seriously speaking)



I couldn't take any nice shots of the food there due to the not-so-good lighting but FYI we had Grasshopper and S'mores tart for our desserts! (Yeah that's all we have - just 2 items)

At 8PM we went to the highlight of the day - La Marelle Cafe which was just a less than 3minutes walk from Working Title. (Arab St/Kampong Glam area has got way too many cafes you ought to go see it yourself!!!)

La Marelle is a cafe I spotted online (via cafehoppingsg.blogspot.sg) as they recommended as a good cafe for Christmas visit! Seeing how beautiful the interior design was, I thought it'd be a really good place to go to for the date.

Confession: I love full-length mirror.





It was a date for us, and also a catch-up session for him as his friends came along too! For me, it was a first-time meeting with them so I was pretty glad I made new friends again :) While they chat away, I enjoyed my Iced Mocha and the ambiance. I really think they ought to improve on their service bc the cakes took really long to be served! 


Thank you for being the first special one in my life to spend Christmas with me. :) Whatever I want to say, have been said on the Instagram post, and those not yet said will be written somewhere someday and given to you the next time we meet. That night, tho you were alr half dead while I got really high, I'm just glad I did what I should do, if not my regrets list will just get longer.

Love you. <3

Christmas gift from the boy. (You just know I love alcohol and dark chocolate right)

x.