The Body Shop - Fresh Nude Foundation


It's been a good few months of search for the holy grail foundation for acne-prone skin, and I think it's safe to say that I've found mine. Here's what I think about The Body Shop's Fresh Nude Foundation.
I've been struggling with acne (I suspect it's cystic) these days ever since I started using Laneige's BB cushion. Don't get me wrong, I loved Laneige's cushion, but my skin absolutely hate it. 3 months into using Laneige's product, I started breaking out. Every single day, there'll sure be at least one pimple, and what's worse is that these pimples don't have whiteheads (blind pimples!) so I can't get them out anyhow! After doing some research, I realised Laneige's cushion is full of silicone. Silicone are known to clog pores and hence causing breakouts! I definitely need to change my foundation.

Since TBS sells cruelty-free products, it makes me feel safer when it comes to the ingredients. It claims to contain English Rose Water & Aloe Vera, so maybe that's why my skin has been behaving very well for the past month ever since I started on this product.

I use the shade Hawaiian Macadamia (024) and it matches my skin better than Laneige's Shade 31. It looks very natural on my skin, feels lightweight and leaves a velvety texture! Foundation is a slightly watery consistency, and has a medium coverage. It claims to give you semi-matt finish, and my skin doesn't look dry or cakey despite oil seeping through it.


A little goes a long way with the Real Technique's Expert Face Brush (You can get it from Guardian at S$18.00 only!) as it gives a mid-high coverage, which is perfect for hiding my acne scars and redness. I tried TBS's stippling brush but wasn't a fan of it, bc the bristles were less gentle on my skin as compared to Real Technique's, and the brush took away the most of the product instead! Not forgetting to mention that it costs about $25 so that's a no-no.

The only downside of this product would be that it makes me look like an oil slick after maybe 6 hours. But nothing of a big deal since I can blot my face with tissue paper and I look perfectly fine after that. No need for touch-ups! Except my nose bc it gets super oil and I will blot away most of the product.

It's a very straightforward foundation - no claims about anything, and that's what I like about it. Give it a try if you haven't already!

No comments:

Post a Comment