In Loving Memory of Wicki aka Ki


Dear Kiki,
Never would I have expected your passing to come so soon. 2017 barely started, but you parted ways with us. There were so many things I've been wanting to do with you - get my driving license so that I could bring you to ECP more often, change a new mattress so you could sleep with me on a new bed, celebrate my 21st birthday with you, spending the rest of my life with you... for as long as you can. It's only the third Friday of the new year; Chinese New Year haven't even approach. The night before, you suffered so much. We all thought you would be fine the next day, like you normally would. Who knew, the next morning you went off without us.

We often ask you, Kiki, what would happen if you leave us one day? Kiki, where are you going? Kiki, how are you feeling today? Kiki, have you been a good boy? Kiki, what junk did you eat again?! Kiki, why you poo poo here.. Kiki.... We could no longer call you when we come home, we could no longer look forward to seeing you wagging your tail while walking towards us when we're home, we could no longer hug you to sleep with us, wake up to you in the morning, clean your poo and pee, change food and water for you, buy you new treats, pat your butt for fun, pet your head whenever we want, lie on your body when I'm bored, see your stick out your head on the sofa ledge bc you love the cushion, let you lie on our fluffy blankets bc you loved the fluffiness. I could no longer take a photo of you and with you.

At last, the pain that you've been suffering for so long has come to an end. While I really wanted you to stay with us for at least another 2 more years, I couldn't bear to see you in pain anymore. At your last moment, your breathing was so heavy, your paws were so cold, your legs have no strength to let you walk even a step, your tummy was too pain, your eyes were so murky, your liver was failing terribly. A tube was stuck into your throat, a CPR was done to restart your heart. Your mouth was opened by the tube, your tongue turned pale, your body turned too cold and stiff. You've left us.
I hope you're in a better place and I know you are. But please, come back and see us, sleep with us again, play with us again, eat with us again.

We love you dearly, kiki.

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment