Bangkok Day 2


0900HRS Breakfast Buffet at the hotel and getting my omelet done up!

I loved their eggs a lot and almost got it for every breakfast. Day 1 we've had fried rice and some meat I don't what they're serving. As mentioned previously, anything related to hotel will be mentioned in another post!


Main highlight of the day was to visit Wat Pho and Wat Arun. Just right outside Grand Diamond Plaza (beside Platinum Mall), we boarded bus no. 2 and approx. 30 minutes later we arrived near Wat Pho. Need to mention that bus trip is only 6.5 THB (S$0.25) for each person (regardless of the distance, if I'm not wrong) Say whaaaaat?


I loved the bus trip not just because it's cheap altho bumpy a little. It reminded me of the good old days back in Singapore, where we have to push and pull the windows and it always get stuck. Very windy and comfortable actually! Pretty surprised how they've the photos of their King almost everywhere!



Upon alighting, the bus commander told us to walk straight and turn right. The building of the temple was easy to spot - look at the vibrant colored rooftop!



The entry fee for Wat Pho was 100 THB per person, and the ticketing counter stated that there will not be any change given, so you must pay the exact amount!


I wasn't clad in long pants so I couldnt enter certain places in the temple and get more snaps. Be sure to wear appropriately so you'll get to enter more areas and see more things!


Our day was cut short as my bro wasn't feeling so good, so Wat Pho was the only tourist attraction that we visited. After returning to the hotel, my mom, sist and I went to Platinum Mall for a good shopping time!

Since this post is quite short, here are some things to note about Platinum Mall:
  1. You can practically spend the entire day at the mall as there are many shops to shop at!
  2. Men's wear, kids' and beauty items are mainly available at Level 4.
  3. Eateries are available at Level 6 (Food Court), Basement 1 and Level 1.
  4. There are two parts of the building - A & B. Refer to HERE for the floor plan! 
  5. Things are relatively cheap, but aim for items with prices below 250 THB!

x.