Sentosa x Montana Brew Bar

I remembered my friend asking, "Of all things to do, you chose to go Sentosa after school?!" 

School ended early and off we go to Sentosa! Since we're heading to the beach, I thought of getting hats because you know, the #beachfeels. 



Thank goodness I didn't buy any (partly bc it's expensive); weather wasn't on our side and the lightning alert went off, so we could only lie on the beach. No sun so we failed to suntan! Also, the highlight of the day was to take the Luge ride and Skyline ride. Both were unavailable (we went to the counter twice and both failed) due to weather too! Pffft.



Got this watch from Kudos Watch quite some time ago. It was just a random gift from me to Ed bc I thought it suited him and back then I could afford to splurge randomly hahah

But on a (slightly) serious note, Kudos Watch are affordable and chic-looking. With the youthful designs, it suits both gender and I think also the youth/young adults! Makes a great gift for anyone :) 




Tuesdays aren't a good day to cafe-hop at Rangoon Rd! Almost ALL cafes were closed on that day and so we had to go town for dinner.

MONTANA BREW BAR

Montana was one of my recommendations to my friend for his intern report. While it satisfied my friend, I felt disappointed on my first trip! 

On the menu, it stated that Red Velvet Waffle Stack ($9.50) were limited per day, so it could be easily forgiven when they told me it's sold out. Another item was stated NEW but it "wasn't available" as claimed by the staff. At that time, I felt that my choices were limited already!




Cinnamon Apple Pie Waffles ($10)
It was recommended by them to have your savoury waffles crispy and the sweet waffles fluffy. Unlike Ed's waffle, I had mine Fluffy Souffle for the base instead. The cinnamon apples were fine, and I think it went well together with the waffle and ice cream. It's quite like an alternative from having apple crumble pie (and in fact I prefer to have the latter instead). On the whole, it was quite sickening that I left some pieces of the apples. I felt that it was bc of the souffle texture of the waffles and I believed the crispy waffle would be a better choice for both sweet and savoury waffles.



Matcha Strawberry Field Waffles ($9.50) 
Despite having the word 'Strawberry' in the name, I felt that they were quite stingy with the portion. Why did you hide the strawberry below!? I could hardly see it (not bc of how I took the photo). The mango passionfruit spheres (I suppose it's the 4 orange-yellow dots on each of the quarters) were quite bitter for Ed's liking, but I thought they went well with the waffle as it sweetens up the taste instead. No idea what's that white cream sauce around the waffles but Ed didn't like it too. The only thing I really liked is the crispy waffle! 

I'd definitely go back for the fried chicken waffles or the red velvet ones, even tho my friend said that it could be a hit or a miss for the latter. Hope my second trip wouldn't disappoint!

P.S I really hope they can have an updated menu online. It kept changing and you won't be able to find a fixed menu anywhere! 

x.