x HK Dim Sum x

Another off day spent with Ed! We went back to Yi Dian Xin, located at Kovan Road/Upp Serangoon Road - a walking distance from Lola's Cafe. It's not our first time there, so you can see that we're revisiting this place bc it's really nice and value-worthy! 


First started off with this...


Then we ended up with total of 8 items!! A few of the items were repeated, because 1 serving tray was not enough ;)

I felt that all these dishes were way much better than Tim Ho Wan bc obviously the latter was super overrated. However, in the case of Xiao Long Bao, Din Tai Fung had it better, though some said Paradise Dynasty had one of the best XLB (which I've yet to try, thus no comments).


When everything was served, the uncle asked "Why? Want take photo ah?" bc he saw me arranging the plates nicely and together. I guess it's become a tradition to take photo before eating, even at coffee shops! He was nice enough to help me arrange nicely one of the toppled buns hehe.

If you're here, please try the Salted Egg Yolk Custard Bun! The filling simply oozed out from the bun with just 1 bite. 3 pieces per tray, at about $2.80 if I didn't remember wrongly! On average, each tray costs $3+. Our total bill amounted to $27+ and we entered food coma right after we finished everything on table!


Somehow I realised that, when you order a cup of the same flavor, the amount given is not as much as when you order a cup of 2 flavors. Not sure if the staff/boss realised that, but hopefully they'll sort this out. 



The only photos we took that day!
Love you beeb~

x

Monday was the release of A level results so I accompanied the babe to her school. It was a great experience, sitting down at their hall to witness everything. It was also when I finally knew why the students are so proud to be from this school!


She requested to have Little Pancakes, so I requested to have Yili Paopao Ice afterwards! 


The entire day was a good learning experience for me. And yes, I like to learn from everyone and anyone about anything and everything! 

x.