Makan Diary

Decided to name this post (and future food posts) as "Makan Diary" bc it'll note down what I've eaten for that period of time! I don't think it's in order but you've been warned that they're all foooooood! Prepare tissue just in case you drool hahah

Ed's House

I remembered in the earlier days when we've just became friends, he knew I loved salmon and risotto, and so he tried to find places which sell that particular dish. He brought me to Grub, but unfortunately they've removed Salmon Risotto from their menu. 

That day when we went to his house, we tried to create our very own Salmon Risotto! Not bad for my second attempt (the first was a terrible failure, but good learning experience) and his first attempt. A tad bit too salty, and I blamed it on the chicken broth!!!

Fat Boys Burger Bar (McDonald House)
I think we caught Ah Boys To Men: Frogmen that night, and we had Fat Boys for dinner at 10 o'clock! Waffles with chicken (from Fat Boys) - another food item off the list! 

On my first trip down to that outlet, they told me it was sold out. I came back again and asked for it, and seems like they've an improvised version of it bc the staff asked if it's the waffles with chicken in it as they don't have the one with chicken on top.. I don't know what she's really talking about actually.... You can't blame me bc it's my first time ordering it! Hehe

I felt so full from half of the waffles already. I can't describe the texture of the waffles when in my mouth. I guess it's due to the heat of the fried chicken that made the waffles kind of soggy, or maybe the problem lies with the waffles mixture itself. In any cases, I got sick of it and I don't think I'll come back again~

YiLi Paopao Ice

Each time I'm at Orchard Central, I'll make a point to go down to YiLi Paopao Ice for a cup of Milk & Egg. That day, I went down to get 2 cups - one for myself and another for Ed - for the price of 1 (worth $4.95!) Thank you Groupon for the great deal! 

Also, thanks to the generosity of the boss, he told the staff to give us free toppings! I think that's a really good way to retain and gain your customers. Be generous enough to give, and what you get in return is the return of your customers and even new customers due to word of mouth and the power of social media!

Here at my fave secret spot of all time whenever I need to wait for Ed to end his work, or when we meet for lunch when he's working that day. I've been on a geek-mode this March, finished two books of Fifty Shades series (about 1000 pages in total?!)

Side-tracking again, photo featuring my fave new pimsolls from Zalora! I'm glad I invested on that and sacrificed my feet the first few times I wore them. It's such a great pair of shoes to walk on now.

Cedele (Wheelock)


I honestly felt that Cedele's a huge disappointment. 2nd time at Wheelock's outlet, and despite trying new dishes, I thought they weren't up to expectations. Not worth it for the price I'm paying! $23 for the plate of Rosemary Chicken dish?! MEH~


Another time, I decided to try out the outlet at Star Vista. They finally have the dish I wanted! But sadly, I was disappointed by the serving. $18 for this dish was definitely overpriced bc the portion is really small! I still felt hungry after eating every single thing on the plate.. Cedele, why you like this?!

Fish & Co. (Novena)




One of those days I met up with Ed just for dinner after his work! No luck with their Red Velvet Cheesecake. :( But I absolutely loved the Louisiana Chicken Gumbo which costed only $15++. *Thumbs up* (Don't ask me then why did I even sulk in that photo when I said I loved the dish!)

925 Yishun Chicken Rice

It was listed on one of the food bloggers' Best Chicken Rice in Singapore (something along this line) and surprisingly, when I went there personally, at least 9 tables (yes I counted while Ed was queuing up to buy the food) were having the chicken rice! Pretty insane.. 

Nothing to hate - Chicken was tender and nice, rice was decent. Not sure about the price bc Ed paid for it and he didn't bother bout it too. I thought I'd prefer the one from along Killiney Road actually.

Salted Caramel

It was freaking hot that day and I must grab double scoop for sure! Previously when I had the single scoop after the MacRitchie walk, it was way too little and not worth the money :( This time, I tried a new flavor - Blackforest. I believe it'll taste better if you eat the rum-soaked cherries together. Otherwise, it tasted nothing just like a rich chocolate ice cream!

Bucktile St Cafe


For some who might know, I've been working at this cafe for a short period of time - maybe about less than 3 months only. Due to a few reasons, I've decided to stop working and today happened to be my last day of work! (I'll pen down my thoughts/working experiences in F&B line on another day in another post, so stay tuned if you're interested to read chunks of texts on this space.)

That day after I ended my shift, I bought the Strawberry Cheesecake ($7.90) that I've been eyeing on for quite some time already! Had them on a Sunday Morning, and decided to share half with my sist. I must say I've been well-trained at work, for I was able to cut a slice of cake into half and it was a decent job done!! *pats shoulder* 

It looked really pretty and I thought it might taste good. Apart from it being quite sweet, I think it's not as bad as what some of my colleagues have said. The cream cheese frosting went well with the vanilla spongecake. :) Also liked how there's the strawberry jam and digestive biscuit crumbs in between the layers~

x.