x (Food) Updates x


Hello everyone! I know it's been the longest time since I last updated this space. It's as good as being dead for almost a month, and I'm so sorry bout it! For the past month I've been up to nothing but studies and enjoying my private life (which means not blogging at all and solely focusing on Instagram). School was just really rushy with projects and assignments to rush, and I had to rush my preparations for Finals as well. 

Really sucky, but I'm glad everything ended. 
Cheers to end of year 2!


Here's what this space has been missing out since last month: 


I remember rushing to Old Hen on Monday after school, and grabbed 3 bottles of White Cold Brew for myself, my sist and also Ed. 

It was meant to be a surprise for him bc he said to drop by my house at night after his work. I can't possibly welcome him empty-handed, so my plan was to get him a Black Cold Brew! Too bad it ran out of stock just one day before I went. I think the staff saw that I looked quite disappointed, so he told me that the Black cold brew will be back in stock on Friday! (Yay!)


Ed tried Sunday Folks finally~ There was a long queue when we went there; about 6-7 people in front of us in the queue. Was told to wait for 45-60mins but thank goodness it took us only 30mins to get a table! The next time I order this, I definitely won't get chocolate soft serve because it melted way too fast!


As promised, Ed and I dropped by Old Hen Coffee Bar on Friday and instead of getting coffee, I got myself tea while he got his Black cold brew successfully (thanks to the friendly staff!). We also tried their waffles which was slightly on the healthy side - greek yogurt, caramelized apple (I think?), caramel sauce and pistachio nuts~ Really unique taste!


On my first day of work on Saturday, Ed came to pick me up and drove me to Wild Oats @ Punggol Park. I let him do the planning as he wished, and I'm glad it was good! Since it was night time, the ambiance was good and I loved the environment (except for this bug that dropped onto my hair and scared the shit out of me). 


Their salmon was good~ Would recommend this place for romantic dinner so that you can have a stroll along the park! I felt like this was similar to the environment at Grub.



Made a trip down to Novena and picked up my boy before we had Fat Boys for dinner. I know I shouldn't be ordering Salmon since Fat Boys's forte was burgers, but their salmon is pretty yummy, tho Ed preferred the one from Wild Oats. 


The Cathay recently has got a new soft serve shop opened to join in the soft-serve craze. First was Honeycreme @ 313 Somerset, then Damnisoft (part of /near Coffeemin) @ Suntec City, and now it's Milkcow @ The Cathay! 

I swear, this is really, really milky and creamy. Those who dislike milk and creamy stuff might wna avoid having this. I've yet to try Honeycreme and Damnisoft, thus I couldn't make any comparisons. However, having ordered the Oreo cookies soft serve from Milkcow, I felt that it's really similar to Oreo McFlurry. Truth to be told, I'd prefer McFlurry which is less milky, tastier and way cheaper!

With that being said, I wouldn't mind trying other flavours from Milkcow. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try Damnisoft too ;)