Sunday Folks x Craft

My weekends were pretty insane, working the entire day on Saturday, then on Sunday I worked till 7PM. Work was the reason why I met up with my man on Sunday instead, and we both had a short and sweet time together at Holland Village! 

You might want to consider dining at Chip Bee Gardens for a chic, romantic dinner. It's just a long stretch of shops facing a condominium, and it's really a chic place to dine in at! We headed down to Sunday Folks -- just keep walking up the stretch of shops and you'll be able to find a sign hanging above on their wall!




At Sunday Folks, you can expect crowd at almost any point of time. We were lucky enough to have a table for 2 just beside the glass window! The place isn't very spacious, so don't go there with numerous shopping bags, unless you're seated on the sofa seats or the round tables! 

Everything is pretty much DIY -- settling down, getting your own free flow of ice water, ordering at the counter. The staff are very friendly and there's this homely-feeling I got while being served! 
(There's this lady that missed our number tag so she went around searching for us. When she finally saw our number tag after turning back, she's still all smiles instead of sulking or showing any signs of frustrations that we usually get elsewhere!)


We were told that the waffles will take 10-15mins to be ready, we had ours served in a short amount of time! Just keep thinking about how nice your plate would look like later, and very shortly it'll appear in front of you.


With the generous portion of Soft Serve with a stack of Belgian Waffles at only $11.80. Any additional toppings would be at $1.50 each, and $3.80 for each additional soft serve. They offer a good number of choices for coffee (which I did not manage to try out!) Some might find their soft serve flavors limited in choice, but I think that special flavors need not have a wide range of it. Just a few will do, lest you spent too much time choosing on the flavors!

The strongly-recommended/highly-raved flavor was Earl Grey Lavender, but sadly I wasn't a fan of Earl Grey Tea despite the tea's fragrance. B was very generous, and thus decided to swap his Summer Berries with me just so I could enjoy my waffles! (One of the many reasons why I always fall for my man)

I'd definitely be back again! In actual fact, I've already told my sister that I'd bring her here after our lunch at Hatched next next week, so please look forward to another delish food post by me! 

My gastric acted up right after we left the shop, so after some grocery shopping for B's campus life, we headed to Craft Bakery for a quick bite to calm my gastric. 




Honestly speaking, I wouldn't pick Craft Bakery for their all-day-breakfast items. I had the Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs Sandwich which costed me $13.50 (excluding GST & Service Charge). Thought that it isn't really worth it, but I still enjoyed the food I'm served and finished them up. 

Speaking of service, I've always thought the staff there aren't quite friendly. I don't feel welcomed when I first stepped in, as no one greeted us, as if our presence did not matter (when we're the ones who gave them the business). Iced water wasn't served right after we settled down, only after I mentioned to B that I wanted the water too. I remembered coming here before to buy a slice of birthday cake for my brother. The cake toppled and smudged a little. The guy did not bother changing it for me or making any sort of adjustments, but simply handed it to me! How upset was I. Hardly did I see any smiles coming from the staff either.


I had to admit this cuppa Baileys Latte was good, just that the Baileys shot might be a little too strong that it did not compliment the latte that much. The Good Old Fashion Lemon Cake was just average on the whole. B did not like it as he found it bitter, but I think the lemon taste can be even stronger!



Couple-faced us goofing on the bus! Had a great time with ma boy for our Sundate! ♡
x.