The Providore

Quite a delayed post, but this was on one of those Sundays where I spent them with my siblings. Back to town on a weekend, and we went cafe hopping. Supposedly we wanted to try out Joe & Dough bc I've been dying to try it ever since its opening at Orchard Gateway. I know there's one outlet at Millenia Walk but Orchard Gateway's outlet apparently appealed to me more. However, the number of seats were limited but yet people still wasn't considerate enough to stop using their laptops and give up their seats for those who genuinely want to dine in.


Instead, we went to The Providore at Mandarin Gallery. I loved the shop's layout and the choice of cakes they offer. Unfortunately, truth to be told, their appearance were way much better than their tastes, so much that you'd only want to have them for photo-taking and not into your mouth. 




Really did not like what we're eating. The cakes looked so great, but it tasted just like how your normal neighborhood bakery shops would do. Their Red Velvet Cake's frosting wasn't the usual cream cheese you'll have. Instead, it was a Cookies&Cream cream and the butter taste was too strong it was quite sickening. Prices were of an average of $8.50-$9. For such prices, I'm not even expecting any quality near this.

Drinks were fine; I had Mocha-chino which wasn't bad, but sister's Cappuccino was pretty bitter. My siblings both said they would not come back again! As for me.... Well, there were really a lot of cakes I'd love to try, but I'm not too sure if I should risk buying it just to see if there'd be any differences. 

x.