Famous Amos

Yey! Here comes my update on my first day of work at Famous Amos! If you think it's easy and simple then you're wrong!

I started off with doing baking, and I swear that's quite pressurising cus if you're baking at the back, people will stop by the glass window and look at you pinch and drop the barter. Yep it's called droppings! I've to cut out chunks of the barter, make them into hotdog-like shape and then pinch it. Easier said than to be done, the pinching is like the hardest for me. Can't be too small, can't be too big. What makes it hard is the macadamia nuts, cus the bigger ones means it's harder to cover up and make an exact cookie size! Oh, and after I do like 8 trays, I got sick of smelling the chocolate chips and butter. One thing I learnt : "Don't roll so many times! The barter will melt!" That's what my supervisor told me when she caught me rolling it lololol
P.S : my supervisor is soooo cute and nice! She always calls me not by my name but "my dear" haha

After the droppings comes the baking. Woooo I love touching the oven. Oh, even putting in the trays have certain skills. Did you know the cookies have to be baked twice? I didn't know till then! After putting them onto the trays, we've to bang it to see if the cookies will break. Then we've to scoop them and shuffle up and down to shake off the crumbs before putting them into a big bag. Tiring job! My hand turned jelly for awhile cus I had no strength left lol.

After all these I didn't have much left to do. I didn't know it was 830PM by then until my supervisor said "Sorry ah, make you do so much when so late liao" I was like huh what late, I thought just started lol. The last 2 hours was more of cleaning of glass panels, our baking area and the tags etc.. I loveeeee shoving of the cookies into the bags cus it's so fun heh.

That's about all. Cleaning was quite tiring as well T____T But it's okay I enjoyed doing them /wtf?/ cus I did them quite fast!

Oh if you're wondering whether or not I've served customer, the answer is no. I have yet to learn to do droppings for all flavours and I still have to memorise which cabin is which flavour cus they've no tags for the staffs to see OH MAI GOD. I only remembered .... 3?? Cus they were easier :X

Day 2 of work today! Usual timing and I'm so ready for it heh. See you guys soon!