Bali Day 1


Bali necessities: 
Gentle Monster-inspired sunnies - Carousell
Laneige BB Cushion (Whitening, Shade #23) - Changi Airport
Watch - Naked Glory

THE SPA: We went to Sundari Day Spa as I found the prices reasonable, and I appreciate that a full service menu was available online which speeds up any decision-making. They also provide free pick-up service from your hotel as long as it's within a certain area.
When we're in the cab on our way to Sundari, our driver asked, "Why choose Sundari? No good". I was hoping to have an enjoyable spa treatment - Volcanic Body Scrub and Manicure sesh, but I was disappointed.
1) The manicurist kept looking at the clock while doing my nails, but we just started not long ago only. Why does she appear to be in a hurry?
2) After the body scrub was done, I wasn't told what to do after showering. I actually went out with the bath robe provided in the room, and searched for a staff to attend to me. It was so embarrassing.

I believe you're supposed to tip them after the service was completed, because my manicurist didn't look happy after I walked off when everything is done. Anyway, I disliked the service and I'm not going back anymore. Lesson learnt: listen to the local cabbies!


THE CAFE: We're so lucky to have The Livingstone Cafe near the spa shop. Just a short walk and you'll see this 2-storey high cafe. 1st level being the bakery, 2nd level being the cafe with retail shop where they sell clothes and accessories (prices are comparable to Haji Lane's and the products seemed like a local brand).

THE FOOD: The Carrot Risotto was a good twist to the usual risotto, like chicken or mushroom risotto. The salmon was great as well - no fishy smell or taste. I ordered a cake at Level 1 for take-away and enjoyed it in our hotel room! Hopefully I'll get to go in the day the next time I'm back, but I might be just be busy clearing other cafes in Seminyak heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment