#Travelogue: Seoul I

Hello all! Let me try to document my daily lives while in Korea. For those who don't already know, I went on a school trip to Korea for 8D6N, together with my coursemates and also schoolmates from another course. This trip consisted of companies visits, cultural visits as well as our own free time where we get to roam around different parts of Seoul!

Here's what I've for Day 1 - Sunday 14-09-2014


Our plane took off at 1030PM on Saturday, 13 Sept. I loved how comfortable the seats of Korean Air was, and also that there was a mini TV for me to enjoy my flight!



A decent Vegeterian meal was served for both myself and my partner who's seated beside me after swapping seats ;) Quite upset to know that they actually do serve chicken! Wouldn't have opted for VOML if chicken is available as one of the choices.


Getting ready to sleep with our stuffed toys! ;)


Touched down Seoul, Korea at Incheon Airport on Sunday, 14 Sept in the wee morning 0650HRS! I grabbed my Iced Mocha Latte from Paris Baguette since it greeted me right after I've claimed my baggage (it's a sign!). Pricing wise, I'm not sure how much it differs between here and in Singapore. But for mine, it's SG$5.60 and I'm sure other cakes and pastries were cheaper too! 

Our first stop after breakfast was Gyeongbok Palace. Many tourists would come over here, and I realised that most of the school tours would bring their students here




Before we started exploring the palace, we were first gathered to one side of the area and were told to wait for an opening ceremony to start. It's my very first time seeing such a happening event going on in a palace with my own eyes!










Next stop, lunch at Mermer Buffet Restaurant. We get to choose either Pork or Beef for our shabu shabu, and we also have a wide selection of food to choose from!


Namsam Seoul Tower needs no introduction. For those who don't already know, this tower is most famous for its Love Locks -- couples will come here to make a wish for their relationships by writing their messages/wishes on a lock! 


Lucky us, we're up at the Observatory level for free! The view was magnificent and breathtaking. At different standing positions, you'll be able to view 




Since we're all on a school trip without the presence of our another halves, we went on to write our wishes by ourselves!


I actually purchased the package which consisted of the lock and a photo tag, but it's such a pity that the photo tag could not fit in my polaroid film and so I wrote my msg in vain :( Instead, I wrote a simple love message for BK and I, and have it hooked onto the many locks! (If I ever come back to Korea again, I'd definitely head back and search for my lock!!)


Next stop -- Hanok Village. We didn't get to spend much time there, so we only went to visit this 'book village'. Basically just a showroom that displays the traditional book house and there wasn't any photos to show you as photo-taking wasn't allowed! I didn't get to enter as well, as this bunch of students just sat inside as if it was their own house and no one else could really explore much *rolls eyes*


For dinner, we had Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup)! It's a dish that's popular among koreans, and it was said to help cleanse and rejuvenate your body to make you appear younger! In this dish, a small whole chicken is stuffed with ginseng and rice, and placed in a hot boiling soup. Very nutritious and delicious!


Right after our dinner, we hopped to Paris Baguette Cafe which was situated just right beside our eatery, and grabbed some ice-cream for desserts! 

Finally it was time to check into our hotel - IBIS Ambassador at Insadong! Yes, we went everywhere with our luggages in the tour bus and hand-carrier with us everywhere we go. Also, I got to wash up at last!!

x.