Food Diary

Last weekend at Eighteen Chefs @ The Cathay with boyfriend, and I extremely enjoy being a student due to the privileges. 3 ingredients in my baked rice + ice lemon tea + 1 scoop of ice-cream = not even $11?!?! This is mad!

So lucky to have Paddlepop as the ice-cream flavor, because the previous trip I've gotten mango flavor and I'm definitely not a fan of mango ice-cream..... haha.

We caught "The Amazing Spiderman 2" at night, and I'm extremely in love with Emma-Andrew. Super duper happy for them, for being able to act together and have such sweet moments while doing their job!! It's a bad ending tho, bc Emma had to die :( Boohoo. 

x

Today (8 May) I pampered myself with some food and it's really been awhile since I last cafe-hopped! While today's trip didn't include any new places being ventured, I tried out new dishes from cafes I've been to! 

First off was Craft Bakery. I had Eggs Benedict after deciding for quite some time, and I must admit I wasn't satisfied by it!


 It looked pretty appealing, but not quite satisfying in the mouth. 
1. The English muffin was pretty dry if it wasn't for the egg yolk. 
2. Hollandaise sauce wasn't there....? At least I couldn't taste it. 
3. Eggs not poached properly and egg white wasn't as thick as those I've had before.

Just.... meh I really hate paying for unworthy things. I know I can't do any better, but I've tried a handful of such dishes and so I'm sure of how the true Eggs Benedict should be! Prive Cafe and Hatched still have got one of the best poached-eggs dishes. 

D'Good Cafe was the highlight of our brunch. After a not-so satisfying brunch (main meal), we headed over for desserts to end the entire course. I freaking love their latte art bc it's so damn cute!!! See it for yourself my darlings! 


Photo credits to D'Good Cafe website
Their D'GoodCafe Triplet Cheesecake (signature) was one of the best cheesecake I've ever had. I think it's meant to be consumed in a slightly warmer state, bc the sun actually helped me warm up the cake and the chocolate blended so well with the cheesecake and its oreo base in my mouth! And yeah, the weather was so damn hot that my chocolate was melting. REALLY MELTING! And soon after, it drizzled and being under the sun with no shelter (we got the outdoor seats due to the crowd), we kinda got chased away by the water droplets. :(


I consider this a healthy and filling, simple dinner from a western food stall - Grilled Fish with Italian Herbs paired with BBQ Beans and seasonable vegetables. I didn't finish the veggies and beans bc they weren't fresh at all, ugh. The fish was nice tho! Just spending some time with my Momma and sissy at the nearby coffee shop anyways. :)

Till next time,
x.