O Level results...... What to do next?

It's 1225am right now, and I originally wanted to keep this post till tomo. I cant help myself but to bring it up - about something so common yet sensitive topic for some. Yes, by looking at the title you'll know what I'm trying to drive at here, but I'll promise you no fake stories to be mentioned here bc I really want to motivate people out there - friends to be specific, or even people who're under the same situation.

O's are over, we partied hard and enjoyed life so much. Then comes the supposedly dreadful part, which was the collection of results. People have different feelings - mostly nervous. The most crucial thing is whether or not can you enter your dream course. But honestly speaking, in Singapore, with good education system, you're bound to end up somewhere you might think it wont bring you to anywhere. We all start at different routes, but eventually we'll be at the same end point. EG you can be a ITE student, but with hard work and determination, you'll still get into poly and graduate with DIPLOMA then end up at UNI. What's impossible? NOTHING! It's mainly your mentality. Let's admit this, we think that JC are for nerds, POLY are cool, ITE is the worst. But that's just the academic part. In reality, EVERYONE'S EQUAL. Examples? My family members.

My parents aren't SO educated. SO WHAT? They still have a proper house, with stable job and they managed to bring up 5 children. My siblings aren't smartasses, but neither are they dumb. They dont go to good schools or have good results, one even holding just a PSLE cert. SO WHAT? They still have manners, they've a stable job and good personality. You wna compare income and stuffs like that? To be frank, it's almost the same as those educated ones, just a teeny tiny bit lower but really, eerything's the same in all aspects. I'm still proud of them for not looking down on themselves or comparing themselves with others no matter how much my parents used to compare them with my cousins, bc they still BELIEVE IN THEMSELVES.

So why think that you're at the end and have nowhere else to go when really, there're still so many possible routes? Just change your thoughts. Mentality is the real deal.