Bangkok Day 4


On the very last day, we packed our bags and left the hotel for our flight back home. Brunch was at Airport Cafe as usual, but I'm hoping to try other eateries at the airport too. We did some last minute shopping for our friends and loved ones at the Duty-Free shops and I still didn't manage to use up all my cash! 


For the 4D3N trip, I spent a total of S$850. As we travel during the festive season (5-8 Feb), flight tickets and hotel fees are slightly higher. Here's a cost breakdown for those of you who are planning to go Bangkok for a short trip:
Flight: Booked directly from TigerAir.com, S$350/pax (no extra baggage cost, no meal-on-board; inclusive of tax charges etc.)
Accommodation: Booked via Expedia.com, S$640 for 5 pax, 2 rooms (inclusive of all charges); about $130/pax for 2 rooms. Deposit required during check-in
Allowance (shopping, food, activities, souvenirs): S$350-S$400 is more than enough, unless you do crazy shopping. I didn't buy more than 10 pieces of clothing, didn't eat much street food, didn't do alot of touristy activities. I spent on souvenirs at duty-free without looking at the prices, and still have about S$60 left? If I didn't get cheated by the boat trip to Wat Arun, I'd have S$100 left
While looking for hotels and accommodation, I also found some tips and tricks online:



1. Use Skyscanner to find the cheapest flight. If you don't have any specific travelling dates, select "Cheapest Month" for the departure and arrival dates. If you're planning to travel during a certain month, select the entire month, and you can view the cheapest rate! This would help you save some travelling costs.

2. Open the Incognito Window instead of the normal Chrome. This would prevent data build-up in the system which can potentially increase the prices on the listings. Otherwise, clear your history every single damn time!

3. Compare prices with different websites such as Expedia, Agoda and the official website. Sometimes it might be cheaper to book your hotels directly from the official website! I found my flight tickets to be cheaper when I book from Tigerair website as compared to Expedia which claims to save your money when you book the hotel+flight deal.

Feel free to leave me any comments if you are interested to know anything bout my Bangkok trip! Once again, hope you find the guide useful.
x.