Rise & Grind Co.

It's definitely a happy, happy celebration for our dearest girl, hm! I mean, just look at how happy she was. :') Time is so precious, so much that we can spend it with our loved ones no matter how busy we could be. 

I'm so glad we managed to squeeze our time and meet each other, plan secretly for birthdays and what not. This year, our celebration for hm was quite simple. Not too sure if it has always been the case since she's not those type of girls who fancy fanciful celebrations (which is a good thing, of course). Catch-ups over meals have always been our thing and this time wasn't any exception. 
Birthday girl suggested Rise & Grind Co., which was a newly opened cafe situated near our campus. It's small and cosy, but you wouldn't feel cramped in that small enclosed space. The outdoor seats looked really pretty, but it's a pity that we don't get to sit outdoors due to Sg's extremely humid weather. But that's all right! Good companion matters.
The menu can be quite limited, for a chicken-and-fish-only eater like me. Also, the prices are just like any other cafes, with benedicts priced at $16-18. Pretty pricey to me, so I opted for the pasta which costed only $14 for my Carbonara. I must admit, the portion's really big (at least to me) and it's well-cooked. However, the '63-degree-Celsius' egg was too overcooked for carbonara; the egg yolk failed to flow out to mix in. One of my friends who tried this cafe's pasta also said it's good, so I guess their pastas are quite good. All in all, everything is worth the try! 
After I posted a photo taken at the cafe, I saw a lady liking it and I realised that Rise & Grind Co.'s cakes are homemade! The lady liking my photo was the one who supplied cakes for only Rise & Grind Co.. Pretty amazing and it sure looked tasty too! I can't wait to go back again.
x.